The Australorp, which originated in Australia is a single comb, clean legged variety. A nice tame variety for your farm that will produce you a large brown egg. Their larger frame helps them tolerate the cold. An interesting bit of information about this breed is that it is the developed in Australia from Black Orpingtons. I guess this is where the unique name Australorps came from a cross between Australian and Orpintons. A great bird with an excellent disposition and egg laying abilities.
- Purpose: Egg LayerEgg Production: 200-280 eggs per year
- Egg Shell Color: Brown
- Egg Size: Large
- Temperament: Active Yet Gentle
- Broody: Setter
- Weight: Male – 8.5 lb, Female – 6.5 lb
- Availability: Not Sexed, Male, or Female
- These products being sold are live chicks or eggs.
- Our live chicks are shipped as soon as they are hatched.
- Availability of this item does not mean it ships immediately.
- This means that we are still taking orders for the season and that your order will be placed in line for the next available shipment.
- You will receive an email with your shipment date.
- Color variation may vary.