The blue white tail laced diamond is a striking variation of the usual diamond dove color pattern. The laced diamond displays wing spots that are two or three times the size of the usual wing spots. This gives the wings the visual effect of being laced. Steel blue color on the shoulders & wings. The head, neck and breast are light blue-gray. The back and tail are snow white. The underside is white. The eye is ruby red, with a bright red eye ring. The beak is dark gray. The wings display the characteristic mahogany flight feathers, with black tips. They are ground feeders and will do well in an aviary with finches. Diamond doves are reported to be ideal for beginners.
- Length: 8"
- 11 1/2 ounces
- Lifespan 8-12 years
Not mated or banded
- General diet: mix of sorghum, millet, canary seed, grass seed, etc. With plenty of fresh water and grit.
- Use finch mix- 100% millet & favorite food
- Try to provide canary nests, as they make an untidy nest.
- Both parents incubate; eggs should hatch in about 13 days.
- Availability: Pair, Male, or Female
These doves are 3-18 month old birds.
- Availability of this item does not mean it ships immediately.
- This means that we are still taking orders for the season and that your order will be placed in line for the next available shipment.
- You will receive an email with your shipment date.
Note: Sexing is guaranteed up to 6 weeks from delivery.
Live birds/ eggs will not ship immediately after your order has been placed. We will contact you via email once your ship date has been scheduled. Shipping is calculated at check out.