The Rhode Island White is a single comb, clean legged variety which originated in the U.S. With it's white feathers this breed dresses well(shows great when presenting the butchered bird). This breed is known for being ideal for it's dual purpose qualities. Hardy in heat & cold, but comb subject to frostbite. Production quality, not for use in 4-H showing as they are bred for production not breed traits.
- Purpose: Egg Layer
- Egg Production: 220-280 eggs per year
- Egg Shell Color: Brown
- Egg Size: Large
- Temperament: Active
- Broody: Variable
- Weight: Male – 8.5 lb, Female – 6.5 lb
- Availability: Not Sexed, Male, or Female
- These products being sold are live chicks or eggs.
- Our live chicks are shipped as soon as they are hatched.
- Availability of this item does not mean it ships immediately.
- This means that we are still taking orders for the season and that your order will be placed in line for the next available shipment.
- You will receive an email with your shipment date.
- Color variation may vary.