The Cinnamon Queen is one of two modern day production brown egg laying strains from hybrid breeding that produce fast body development, fast egg production and rich brown egg shell color. These strains will start to lay eggs at a younger age than most standard heritage breeds and produce big large/extra large brown eggs. They are also color sexable as chicks for the first generation which are the chicks you will receive. Cockerel chicks are white and the pullet chicks are more brownish red in color. Leg color is mostly yellow but a few may have some greenish color. Feathering color varies with brownish feathers and white feathers on the adult hens. Feathering color varies from totally white to white with light to dark red feathers in shoulder feathers in the adult rooster. Chicks from the second generation will not be color sexable and will come in multiple colors. The parent stock is made from a proprietary bloodline/strain of the Rhode Island Red male and the Rhode Island White female. Cinnamon Queens will look and perform very close to the ISA Brown bloodline. So book these early because they are a high demand layer for farm use with egg production.
- Purpose: Egg Layer
- Egg Production: 250-320 eggs per year
- Egg Shell Color: Light Brown
- Egg Size: Large
- Temperament: Active
- Broody: Variable
- Weight: Male – 8-9 lb, Female – 6-7 lb
- Availability: Not Sexed, Male, or Female
- These products being sold are live chicks or eggs.
- Our live chicks are shipped as soon as they are hatched.
- Availability of this item does not mean it ships immediately.
- This means that we are still taking orders for the season and that your order will be placed in line for the next available shipment.
- You will receive an email with your shipment date.
- Color variation may vary.