These birds are available to ship starting March 13, 2023. If a date is not selected, we will ship your order on our earliest available ship date.
Rhode Island Reds are an excellent layer of dark brown eggs and the state bird of Rhode Island. These birds are dual-purpose and an old-time, well-known American breed. From day-old to 20 weeks, pullets will consume 17 lbs. of feed. They are heat tolerant, mature rapidly, and lay for months on end. Due to their egg-laying abilities, they are a popular choice for backyard flocks. The breed is a dark reddish-brown from baby to maturity, with males having a green tail. Typically, females weigh 6.5 lb.
- Purpose: Dual
- Egg Production: 200-280 eggs per year
- Egg Shell Color: Brown
- Egg Size: Large
- Temperament: Active
- Broody: Variable
- Weight: Female – 6.5 lb
These products being sold are live chicks or eggs.
- Our live chicks are shipped as soon as they are hatched.
- Availability of this item does not mean it ships immediately.
- This means that we are still taking orders for the season and that your order will be placed in line for the next available shipment.
- You will receive an email with your shipment date.