A large breed of duck. Calm disposition. Similar incoloration to the mallard: drake with dark green headwith white ring separating a deep claret breast.The back and rump are rich geen-black with wingsand abdomen grey. The duck is brown with pencilingon feathers. In both sexes the wild-duck wing bar(speculum) of steel blue is prominent. Hatchlings aredark with yellow streaks.Fertility is usually improved if swimming water at least 4-6 inches deep is available. Standard-bred ducks are so heavy that they tend to crush their eggs if allowed to incubate them, but some production-bred females are good setters.Weight: young drake:9#./ young duck: 8#.There are commercial and exhibition forms of Rouen.This is the commercial variety with a less prominentkeel.PIC: SOP p. 324
- These products being sold are live chicks or eggs.
- Our live chicks are shipped as soon as they are hatched.
- Availability of this item does not mean it ships immediately.
- This means that we are still taking orders for the season and that your order will be placed in line for the next available shipment.
- You will receive an email with your shipment date.
We can offer no guarantee on hatching eggs. There are various factors involved in hatching eggs and while they frequently do well, we have no control over the handling of the eggs once they ship.