Medium breed of duck. Slightly less compact in appearence when compared to Pekin or Rouen. Cold tolerant, hardy and stand confinement well. Suitable for use as a table bird. Seasonal layer of gray-white eggs. Body is gray-blue in color with a white bib. Heavy culling is necessary when breeding because of large proportions of silvers, browns, blacks that are thrown. Blue is a difficult color to produce in poultry. Ducklings hatch w/ body color and bib in place. Weight: young drake - 6.5 lbs, young duck - 5.5 lbs. NO guarantee on hatching eggs.
- These products being sold are live chicks or eggs.
- Our live chicks are shipped as soon as they are hatched.
- Availability of this item does not mean it ships immediately.
- This means that we are still taking orders for the season and that your order will be placed in line for the next available shipment.
- You will receive an email with your shipment date.
We can offer no guarantee on hatching eggs. There are various factors involved in hatching eggs and while they frequently do well, we have no control over the handling of the eggs once they ship.